Monday, December 22, 2014

Short Story Saturday Special Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, Welcome to Christmas, CA


Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: Welcome to Christmas, CA
Author: Kiersten White
Summary: Maria is counting down the days until she graduates and can leave her dying town of Christmas, California once and for all, whereas Ben is a new arrival to the town and diner where she works and has an uncanny ability to know exactly what customers want.
Thoughts: LOVED this one! The perfect combination of serious and sweet, Maria and Ben are two characters who each stand on their own and compliment each other so well. This tiny town with its quirky diner grew on me just as it grew on Maria and it has a cute little nugget of honesty and truth at its core. One of my favorites in this collection for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment