Saturday, December 13, 2014

Short Story Saturday Special Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, Midnights



Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: Midnights
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Summary: Mags and Noel have spent the past three New Year's Eves together, always going to a party at their same friend's house, but this fourth year, Mags is hiding from Noel because she can't watch kiss another girl at midnight again.
Thoughts: Sa-WOON! I adored this story and what a way to kick off this collection! I loved how readers get to revisit the same characters year after year, coming back to the same place, seeing how they've changed. I'm also a complete sucker for the "best friend becomes something more" scenario, and it was done adorably here. Well done! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment