Saturday, December 27, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, Sleepstalk

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: Sleepstalk
Author: Courtney Summers
Summary: Despite the fact she's been told to stay away, one night a girl absentmindedly walks to Jed's house, discovers he's a sleepwalker, and makes a habit of following him on his nighttime strolls for several nights after, desperate to be acknowledged by her ex.
Thoughts: I've never read any of Summers' novels, but she has a reputation for writing about the grittier side of life. That is very much showcased here in  a story of obsessive love and a girl who was both wronged by the boy she loved, but who also cannot let go. While the end left me a bit turned around plot-wise, I did enjoy that this story kept me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment