Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Short Story Saturday Extended Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer


Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer
Author: Laini Taylor
Summary: When the town minister - an evil man who already has three wives in the ground - targets Neve to be his next wife, she summons Wisha, the old spirit, the Dreamer, for help.
Thoughts: This is the second time I've come across Laini Taylor's work in a short story collection, and for the second time it was outstanding. I love how she puts magical and wondrous twists on historical type of stories, infusing them with just enough magic that I find myself wanting to believe that something like that really could have happened and could maybe happen again. A fantastic finale to a well put together anthology.

And that's it for this extended edition of Short Story Saturday! To those of you who celebrate, have a very Merry Christmas, and to everyone, may your days be merry and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment