Saturday, December 6, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Many Happy Returns

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Many Happy Returns: A Generation Dead Story
Author: Daniel Waters
Summary: After four teens die and one is in critical condition after a car accident, parents brace themselves for the possibility that they might come back to life, but is that what they really want for their children?
Thoughts: Another piece to this anthology that is a spin-off from a contributor's series of novels I haven't read, this one was fairly straight forward and easy to fill in the blanks: in this version of reality, teens who have died sometimes come back (in a zombie-esque sort of way) up to a week after they die. After a week passes, any chance of a return is gone. This story looks at familial love, at acceptance, and how people handle both hope and grief. I thought it was okay, not my particular cup of tea, but still fine.

And that's it for Kiss Me Deadly!

No comments:

Post a Comment