Friday, December 19, 2014

Short Story Saturday Special Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, Krampuslauf


Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: Krampuslauf
Author: Holly Black
Summary: Hating how her town has ruined Krampus the Christmas Demon and how her best friend Penny is obsessed with her boyfriend and his other girlfriend, one teen finds her world a lot darker and a little more magical at their New Year's Eve party.
Thoughts: I had never heard of Krampus before last year, so to read a story that featured him so prominently was fun for me - I knew what she was talking about! This addition to the collection was dark and twisty, so for readers who seek out those kinds of stories, this one's definitely for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment