Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Short Story Saturday Special Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, Polaris is Where You'll Find Me


Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: Polaris is Where You'll Find Me
Author: Jenny Han
Summary: Natty is the only human to have ever been to Santa's North Pole, let alone live there. But this adopted daughter of Santa longs for the one gift her father can't make in his factory: the love of Flynn, the elf.
Thoughts: Oh, Natty. I feel for this girl in a classic tale of liking a guy who does not/might not like her back. I love the adoption angle here, and how Flynn and Natty are friends despite their differences. The ending is open ended (and potentially sad), but I look at it as hopeful. Natty has a choice to make, but in my head, she chooses the path that leaves her and Flynn happy (and together).

No comments:

Post a Comment