Sunday, December 14, 2014

Short Story Saturday Special Edition: My True Love Gave to Me, The Lady and the Fox


Welcome to Short Story Saturday, Special Edition! Normally each week, I talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. However, with it being the holiday season, I'm going to do a mini-review for these 12 days leading up to Christmas! I'm currently reading My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories.

Story: The Lady and the Fox
Author: Kelly Link
Summary: Miranda has spent every Christmas with the celebrated and eccentric Honeywell family, and each year she longs to see the mysterious ghost-like spirit of Fenny, a man from long ago who can only appear when it's snowing on Christmas Day.
Thoughts: This story took a while for me to get into. Or rather, I was getting into it, then it took a twist and I felt like I had to start over with wrapping my head around it. While the magical elements go largely unexplained, I liked Miranda and seeing her try to figure out herself, her friendship with Danny, her longing for Fenny, and the rules that keep them apart. Not my particular cup of tea, but it was still interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment