Saturday, October 25, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Behind the Red Door

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Behind the Red Door
Author: Caitlin Kittredge
Summary: The first time Jo goes up to the abandoned Ash House, it's on a dare during a hot summer day in their boring small town, but in the months that follow, she finds herself drawn back again and again by a ghost with a secret.
Thoughts: This story! This story was well crafted and delightfully creepy! I had no idea where it was heading and got completely wrapped up in it. I'm usually a huge pansy when it comes to ghost stories (though I'm also fascinated by well-told ones), but this one had me completely engaged. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for other works by this writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment