Saturday, November 1, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Hare Moon

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Hare Moon
Author: Carrie Ryan
Summary: Tabitha has been raised to believe that her village is the last of humanity, yet learns this isn't so when she breaks the rules and ventures into the Forest of Hands and Teeth and falls in love outsider Patrick.
Thoughts: Though I'm not the hugest fan of when works in short story collections are extensions or spin-offs of authors' other series, this story is an exception because it stands on its own. I've never read Ryan's historical zombie series, but had no trouble following this tragic tale of Tabitha and the choices she must make. I was hopeful for a happy ending, but, alas, zombies have a tendency of making that kind of impossible. Still, a very engaging story.

No comments:

Post a Comment