Saturday, June 21, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, Echo

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.

Story: Echo
Author: Kiersten White
Summary: Shy Loti is torn between being invisible and wanting to sing in the school talent show, but she can't understand how she makes the performance list when she didn't audition - did she?
Thoughts: Readers can always count on Kiersten White to put a paranormal twist on an ordinary situation, and this story is no exception. Decidedly creepier than some other stories of hers I've read, I liked the blending of something so typical with a paranormal element from Loti's German heritage, something she was struggling with before anyway. Fast and a little freaky, this is a story that makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment