Saturday, March 29, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, This is a Mortal Wound

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: This is a Mortal Wound
Author: Michael Grant
Summary: Tomaso thinks he's done with his horrible teacher Ms. Gill when he moves across the country, but two years later she's back in a way he never expected.
Thoughts: This story was very short and very fast. Due to a fairly long tangent about Alexander Hamilton and a lot of details that didn't end up being terribly important, I was a little lost about its direction for a while, but things mostly came back together. This story read more like an anecdote - not terribly deep or thought provoking - and I'm not sure how it really fit in with the anthology's theme of prophecy and prediction, so this installment was just okay to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment