Saturday, March 8, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, The Angriest Man

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: The Angriest Man
Author: Lisa McMann
Summary: A young man who is only alive due to venom brought forth by the world's angriest man returns to the root of his problems on his 18th birthday.
Thoughts: Not the best summary in the world, but this story is difficult to describe without giving away the whole thing. The first four short paragraphs that set up the story had me immediately interested. However, truth be told, this wasn't one of my favorite short stories - it felt more like a premise rather than a complete tale with a beginning, middle, and end. I must give McMann points for quickly crafting a piece that was creepy from start to finish - while some things were lost on me, the atmosphere was incredibly strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment