Saturday, January 31, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, Stillwater

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: Stillwater
Author: Valerie Kemp
Summary: Pruitt and Delilah have nothing in common except an ancestor, some land, and a mutual hatred of their town of Stillwater, but things get even stranger as Pruitt starts seeing things and people that shouldn't be possible.
Thoughts: This one was a little strange and a weird and wonderful Doctor Who sort of way. The idea of certain things being forgotten when characters go to sleep was really interesting, and while this story didn't have a particulalry tidy ending (open endings are a frequent feature of short stories, I'm finding), I didn't really mind this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment