Saturday, March 15, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, Out of the Blue

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: Out of the Blue
Author: Meg Cabot
Summary: On their 6th birthday, twins Kyle and Kayleigh meet and are marked by an alien who says they are destined for greatness, but ten ordinary years later, a blog post has some consequences no one could have seen coming.
Thoughts: Told through transcripts of interviews the twins and a few of their friends are forced to give to the government after some bizarre events, this story started off strong, but then got just a bit to cluttered in my opinion (which is very hard for me to say as a life-long lover of Cabot's writing - I grew up with Princess Mia). I really liked seeing both of the twins' perspectives, but the romances that popped up didn't really feel necessary. All in all, I was interested since I've been warming up to sci-fi in the last few years, but no super strong feelings about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment