Saturday, March 22, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, One True Love

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: One True Love
Author: Melinda Lo
Summary: When Esslyt is born, a prophet has a vision that she meets her true love, she will be the down fall of her father, the king so he locks her away in a tower away from men for years, never considering the idea that Esslyt's true love would be the latest girl he is to marry.
Thoughts: This story was a sweet, lovely fantasy. Sword fights, tender moments, revelations and wrong-doing, and seeing love in its many forms. This story was also the absolute perfect length - while I have no doubt Lo could probably make a whole novel out of this if she wanted to, the pacing was perfect for a short story, with just enough to keep me on my toes. I got through this story quickly and it left me with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment