Saturday, March 21, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, Shadowed

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: Shadowed
Author: Christine Johnson
Summary: Esme lives with a cursed shadow that tries to attack her whenever it gets the chance, requiring her to live a sequestered life far from any light until a gallant young knight makes her see that a life in the dark is hardly a life at all.
Thoughts: Hmmmm. I was really liking this one - fantasy, magic, curses, knights, secret meetings - and then literally on the last page there was a twist. I definitely didn't see it coming, but I can't decide what I think about it. I'll be keeping an eye out if this author has any other fantasy works to explore in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment