Saturday, March 14, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, Naughty or Nice

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: Naughty or Nice
Author: Myra McEntire
Summary: On the annual senior ski trip in Bavaria, Bex must not only confront her growing romantic feelings for her longtime best friend Henry, but also fierce monsters during the traditional Krampus Walk.
Thoughts: Aw! This story was both terrifying and cute! I'm amazed at how often I've run into the Krampus story in the past few years, especially since I'd never heard of him before I was 26. This story had an engaging setting, just enough characters and twists to keep me on my toes, and an actual conclusion which I find can often be lacking in short stories. I really liked this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment