Saturday, September 27, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, The Spirit Jar

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: The Spirit Jar
Author: Karen Mahoney
Summary: Moth, a vampire for the past 10 years, has been sent to London by her Maker to retrieve an ancient text but winds up meeting a magical and mysterious boy with a mission of his own.
Thoughts: Yes, the vampire genre has been reimagined over and over again in the past 10 years, but I really liked the rules that Mahoney developed for her story here. Moth and Adam have a quick and unlikely alliance, and this is again another story in this anthology that has surprised me because though it does talk about romantic love, that is not what is driving our protagonist or her choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment