Saturday, September 13, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, The Assassin's Apprentice

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: The Assassin's Apprentice
Author: Michele Zink
Summary: Rose wants nothing more than to kill the demon Bael and exact revenge on the monster who murdered her family, but that can only happen if Asher can make sure Bael doesn't kill her first.
Thoughts: While I would have liked the relationship between Descendants and Assassins to be explained earlier in the story so I knew how those pieces fit together, this was a very fast and fun read. What starts as a classic revenge story gets steamy, and I love stories that seem to star damsels in distress but it turns out they can take care of themselves just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment