Saturday, May 17, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, Homecoming

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: Homecoming
Author: Richelle Mead
Summary: Rose and Dimitri are in his homeland of Russia where he is nervous to be seeing his family again after having spent time as an undead and evil vampire.
Thoughts: I've never read the Vampire Academy series which these characters are from, and now I guess I don't need to since this story had a whole lot of spoilers going on. However this is a story that can stand mostly on its own outside the context of the series, complete with evil vampires, half-human warriors, and a grandmother who seems determined to make her grandson's girlfriend crazy. Funny and full of action, this was a win except for the spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment