Saturday, April 11, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, Where the Light Is

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: Where the Light Is
Author: Jackson Pearce
Summary: Will is a miner in a small mining town, miserable and determined to leave someday, but his boring life gets interesting when he comes across a faerie girl who lives far below the earth's surface.
Thoughts: This was lovely! Rooted in reality with a solid dash of fantasy to keep things interesting, a forbidden love, an interesting mythology and two characters who I was genuinely rooting for. I've known about Pearce's writing for years, but this was my first time reading it. This was just the push I needed to finally check out some of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment