Saturday, April 4, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, The Moth and the Spider

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: The Moth and the Spider
Author: Sarah Ockler
Summary: Nothing has felt right since Cali's botched suicide attempt, and now that she's more miserable than ever, she is determined to see the act through just as soon as she can write an acceptable suicide note.
Thoughts: Hmm. This is another one of those cases where this story felt less like a story and more like a scene, a snapshot of something larger. As a result, I sort of feel like I'm missing something. I liked the gradual introduction of Cali's past and what led her to being in this room at night, but the ending leaves me scratching my head a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment