Saturday, March 7, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, There's Nowhere Else

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: There's Nowhere Else
Author: Jon Skovron
Summary: Sebastian feels like there's something not quite right about the exceptionally strange dreams he's been having.
Thoughts: This story started stronger than it ended in my opinion. I really liked the various elements at play - a boy with a difficult home life who finds himself with the ability to occupy other people's bodies when he's sleeping. Very interesting! However, the voodoo elements that came in later didn't quite hold my attention. A fine story, but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment