Saturday, November 8, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Familiar

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Familiar
Author: Michelle Rowen
Summary: Brenda, a reluctant witch-in-training, goes to the local magic store to pick out a cat to be her familiar but instead of getting a kitten, she picks out and is Bonded to a shape-shifting boy named Owen.
Thoughts: I. LOVED. THIS! This story was fantastical and fun and I loved the snarky banter between Brenda and Owen. I thought each of their circumstances was interesting and how the Bond worked between them. Add in a dash of werewolves, some stolen jewelry, and this is a story I'd love to keep reading. I'll definitely be looking for more by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment