Saturday, November 22, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Vermillion

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Vermillion
Author: Daniel Marks
Summary: When the undertaker in Vermillion is suspected of joining the growing revolution and has gone missing, Velvet and her boyfriend Nick are recruited by the Station Agent to search Purgatory's other boroughs for him.
Thoughts: This story was not my particular cup of tea, but then again, I've always had trouble with mysteries. It took me a while to sort of figure out the world and people's roles in it, so in focusing on that I wasn't paying as great attention to the clues and red herrings as I should have. If you like stories where paranormal meets mystery/detective flair, then this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment