Saturday, September 6, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, A Date With Destiny

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.


Story: A Date With Destiny
Author: Josh Pultz
Summary: Monica is obsessed with famous people, wants nothing more than to be a celebrity, and her father is even a Hollywood agent, but when she runs into his famous client and her look-alike Destiny Sparrow, they swap places for a day and she sees how much work being a "star" actually is.
Thoughts: Why is it that characters named Monica are always super annoying? The fictional Monicas of the world are giving the nonfiction ones like me look bad! This story felt extremely convenient in terms of situation, and I don't feel like she actually learned too much in the end. This had a very Parent Trap/made for TV movie vibe.

And that's it for the Starry-Eyed anthology!

No comments:

Post a Comment