Saturday, September 20, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Kiss Me Deadly, Errant

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love.

Story: Errant
Author: Diana Peterfreund
Summary: In France where unicorns are scarce but symbolic hunts of them are tradition among noble families, Gitta is charged with keeping track of Enyo, her convent's unicorn, while Elise prepares for her role in the ancient ceremony before her wedding.
Thoughts: This story took me a little while to get into, mostly because while Gitta is called the Hunter, she is actually protecting Enyo. Sort of. Eventually? Anyway, due to the wedding aspect I was expecting this to be a tale of romantic love, and was pleasantly surprised when it instead became one of the love between friends and between creatures and humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment