Saturday, August 30, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, Stringbean and Goose

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.


Story: Stringbean and Goose
Author: Laura Goode
Summary: Plain-faced performance artist and YouTuber Stringbean spends her time making videos of ugly things with her friend Goose, but is she so focused on the ugly side of life that she can't recognize beauty and good when it's right in front of her?
Thoughts: A little weird, but this story did grow on me after a while. I have mixed feelings because I didn't really connect with these characters, but I did find Goose in particular to be a kind and interesting soul. I was interested enough to want to know the outcome, but other than that, I don't have strong thoughts on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment