Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm Versatile!

I could not have been more shocked to learn that I have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much to Theresa Hernandez for the nomination - it is completely unexpected. This past year has been crazy, and not that this blog has ever been big by any stretch of the imagination, with my summer just around the corner I  am hoping to be better about posting and getting through the never ending to-read list!

This is all very new to me, but according to the VBA website, I must nominate 7 bloggers for the award, then share 7 things about myself. And my nominees are (in no particular order):
- Liza Wiemer @WhoRU Blog - blogging extraordinaire, passionate reader, and soon-to-be published author (HELLO? coming at you in 2015 from Spencer Hill Contemporary)
- Heidi @ YA Bibliophile - not only does she always have great content and posts regularly, but I have no idea how she's always on top of all the books! Plus she's an awesome person.
- Kyle @ A Reader's Pensieve - A completely genuine and lovely person, I love her thoughtful posts on books from a classroom teacher's perspective
- Rachel & Megan @ Read, Write, Ramble - These two teens let ALL THE FEELS fly in their book reviews and posts about events they attend.
- Merrick @ Merrick's Art - While most of the blogs I read are usually book/library related, not all of them are! I have no idea how I stumbled across Merrick's corner of the Internet, but me and my newly-emerging fashion sense are eternally grateful.
- Brittany @ The Book Addict's Guide - Brittany I first met at a book club meeting a few years ago (PS whatever happened to that book club?!) and her blog continually blows me away. She reads a lot (and widely in terms of genre), posts constantly, and the hard work and pride she takes in her blog is evident in every single post.
- Casey & Natalie @ Literary Rambles - A must-read blog for anyone who is seriously pursuing becoming a published author. While things haven't panned out for me in that particular arena (yet!), I would have been completely lost without this resource.

And now for seven things about myself!
1. I LOVE traveling. Even the parts at airports. It's a little ridiculous.
2. My childhood pet was a Yorkshire Terrier named Lizzie (after Queen Elizabeth).
3. I played the clarinet from 5th grade through my senior year of college.
4. I own entirely too many t-shirts.
5. Someday I really want to take ballroom dancing or an art class. Or both! But not at the same time. Oh you know what I mean...
6. New Year's resolutions are impossible for me. Instead I usually set goals for myself at the start of the summer and at the start of the school year (which is when my birthday is, so it's when a new year is starting for me).
7. My cousin and I can recite almost the entire movie A League of Their Own from memory.

And there you have it! Thanks again, Theresa, for this nomination!

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely the sweetest and best! Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to support you on this wonderful honor! xx Liza

    ReplyDelete