Saturday, May 24, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, The Accompanist

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.

Story: The Accompanist
Author: Eve Yohalem
Summary: Andie is happy out of the spotlight playing piano for the musical but her fellow seniors desperately want to leave their mark on their school, forcing Andie to consider her past and future choices.
Thoughts: There are two words for this story: shy and sexy (which is a word I really never use, but it perfectly applies here!)! This story was so well rounded with a great arc, clearly thought out, and I was left wanting more. I'm sad to see these characters go and would love a whole novel with Andie and the mysterious Henry. A fantastic start to this anthology!

No comments:

Post a Comment