Saturday, April 26, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Foretold, Improbable Futures

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Foretold: 14 Stories of Prophecy and Prediction.

Story: Improbable Futures
Author: Kami Garcia
Summary: Ilana would love nothing more than to leave the carny life and her role as a "fortune teller" behind, but what if she's not quite the fraud she thought she was?
Thoughts: Oh this one was creepy! Kami Garcia has a gift for taking something ordinary, finding the nightmare inside, and twisting it in a way that is both realistic and fantastic. There's so much here she could build on to do a much longer story if she wanted to (and part of me wishes she would!), but this short story was wonderfully written, plotted, and paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment