Saturday, August 9, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, Stage Kiss

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.


Story: Stage Kiss
Author: Cynthia Hand
Summary: Jo, disheartened that at 16 she still hasn't kissed a guy, auditions for Much Ado About Nothing for a shot at a first kiss with Ryan Daughtry, only it's Eric Bradshaw she's been cast to lock lips with.
Thoughts: I LOVED this! A story that includes my favorite Shakespearean play and a solid John Green/Pizza John reference is amazing, but even without those things this was a fantastic piece. The honesty, chemistry, banter, everything. I definitely want to read more by this author and I desperately wish this were a full-length novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment