Saturday, July 5, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, Other Life

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.

Story: Other Life
Author: Garet Freymann-Weyr
Summary: Megan has always known her mother was a famous model in her "other life," and when she gets the chance to be a model with her, she enters that world herself.
Thoughts: I think this one went over my head. Readers are given a lot of information about background and relationships right up front, given even more as the words progress, and and the end I didn't feel like the piece really had an arc, more like a straight line. Not my particular cup of tea, but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who like this style of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment