Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday Words: 2 Year Blogoversary!

While I had an entirely different post all ready to go today, I'm instead winging this because according to my calendar, today is The Fuma Files' 2-year blogoversary! Woot woot!

To say I'm unprepared is an understatement, but then again it's comforting. The blog has become such a regular part of my life that it goes without saying. It's still not the biggest one out there, nor the most widely read, but it's still allowed me to connect with other great readers and bloggers, and this whole book blog/book tube community has opened me up to some truly fantastic titles over the past few years. And to think that I didn't even know any of it existed when I started. Seriously, I had no clue. I just had fun writing book reviews for a graduate school class and thought it would be fun to keep up with it and put them online for the benefit of others. Imagine my shock when I found out that this was something people had been doing for years and that there was this whole world outside of just literature majors and librarians who were just as enthusiastic about books as I am.

Like I said, this blogoversary took me by surprise, so I don't have an epic giveaway planned or anything at the moment. Life in the real world has been a bit of a whirlwind as of late, so I'm hoping I'll have something truly excellent for you all in the not-too-distant future. I know it's been a while since I've given anything away, but this is certainly a worthy reason to.

So thanks for two great years and sticking with me, comments welcome, and, as always, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. OH YAY! I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad I was able to meet you through your blog and actually be come friends and talk about books in person! I love reading your thoughts and look forward to many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! I hope we'll be able to talk more about books in person soon! =)

      Delete