Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Words: Two Weeks

Hey there, you wonderful if oftentimes quiet readers of this blog! (I'm just saying you should all feel free to leave comments, even when you disagree with me. I promise I'm super nice about it!)

I don't really have a solid publishing related topic for this week's Wednesday Words, so instead I'm going to shamelessly plug my own news!  Like I mentioned before on The Fuma Files, I won a short story competition hosted by Lisa Burstein and my entry will be printed in her novel Dear Cassie.

But get this - Dear Cassie hits stores in less than two weeks! That's right, March 5th will be the day when you can read Lisa's story as well as mine in the printed version or on the e-reader of your choice. It's already available for pre-order at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Book Depository. Last week when Lisa sent me this picture so I could see my name in print, I squealed and jumped around my kitchen for quite a while. It was great.

So that is happening in my life and it's quite exciting. I'm a little behind on reading, but for those of you who are curious I'm currently making my way through Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl as well as The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson for the book club at my school.

What are you all reading? Do you like short stories? How's the weather where you are these days? Comments are always welcome, and happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning and your short story. I know it will be awesome :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Though I just heard from the author that not all Barnes & Nobles (aka my only local bookstore left) are going to be stocking it, so I might not even get a copy tomorrow when it comes out! =( But it's still very cool and thanks for commenting! =)

      Delete