Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Words: Patience and Probation

If you're reading this blog, chance are that you are someone who likes to read. Or you're someone related to me and want to support my crazy endeavors. But for argument's sake, let's go with the first one.

Reading. It's awesome. It's an escape. It's access to knowledge and amazing people and place and things. And if you're like me, you just want to read ALL THE BOOKS!

Except if you're also like me, that means you also have other priorities. Work. Family. Friends. Other interests. And so, when those other things combine and life happens, sometimes not as much reading gets done no matter how passionate or excited we are.

But the books are still there, calling to us, begging for homes. If you saw my last book haul video, you know that's my current case. This morning, I made a list, and I have at least 15 books in my possession currently (or on the way from giveaways I've won) that I keep meaning to read, but I've fallen behind.

Now I'm a fast reader, but I also have a pretty packed life at the moment so fifteen is an awfully big number for me to look at for the moment. Which is why I have put myself on a temporary book buying/checking out from the library probation. I want to feel caught up and get to know these stories taking over my bookshelves and dresser and desk and... well, you know what I mean.

Am I the only one who gets this way when it comes to feeling a little bit overwhelmed by reading (that isn't school related)? I'd love to hear what you all think.

Comments welcome, and, as always, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment