Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Words: Series Catch-Up Challenge

One of the many great things about books and publishing is that there are constantly new ones coming out, begging to be read and loved and discussed. All genres, all sizes, stand alones and series, oh my!

One of the downside of books and publishing? See above. So many books, so little time.

It's easy for books you want to read to keep getting pushed to the wayside in favor of something newer, that "to-read" pile growing ever larger. I know it's something I struggle with - I currently have 111 books on Goodreads listed as "to-read"and every once in a while, I actually find myself weeding that, going through "am I actually ever going to read this? Will I ever actually get caught up?" It's sort of sad and a little exhausting, but there are only so many hours in a day.

Series Catch-UpAll of this adds up to why I love a challenge that Brittany over at The Book Addict's Guide is hosting: The Series Catch-Up Challenge. The premise is simple: pick a series (or two or three) that you want to get caught up on, then between November 1 and December 31, do your best to make it happen and post reviews! If you check out her blog, the 'rules' are simple enough and I think this is just the kick in the pants I need to finally get a few of those books on my list read.

My goals for the challenge are small, mainly because I don't want to bite off more than I can chew (and there are more than a few stand-alone novels I also want to read). So I'm going with the following books:

  • Frozen Heat (#4 in the Nikki Heat mystery series, the novel spin-off (sort-of) of the ABC show Castle)
  • The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell, the second book in her Verspertine trilogy. I've had this one on my bookshelf for forever and I know I'd probably finish it in a few days!
  • And thirdly, the Paranormalcy trilogy by Kiersten White. I bought the e-book of the first one for my nook a while back, and if I like it, I hope to read the whole series - they sound really good!
So those are some of the series books that I hope to read and post on before the end of 2012. I hope you check out The Book Addict's blog for more info and great reviews, too. 

Comments welcome, and, as always, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you joined! Hope you get to catch up with some of your series :) I have way too many I'm in the middle of so my list is more like a dream than a reality, but at least I've got some time dedicated to really catching up on some of them.
    Thanks again for participating and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete