Saturday, February 7, 2015

Short Story Saturday: Defy the Dark, I Gave You My Love by the Light of the Moon

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Defy the Dark.

Story: I Gave You My Love by the Light of the Moon
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Summary: Berthe suddenly gets sick at a coffee shop and leaves to go home, but must accept the help of a mysterious stranger who claims if she doesn't want anyone else to get hurt, she must come with him.
Thoughts: Called it! I called it. I figured out the direction that this story was going in pretty early on and am now being purposely vague so as to not spoil anything. However, I like the complexity of the characters in this particular situation. Brennan does a good job of taking a situation that's been a popular trope in fiction and adding another human dimension to it. Nice job.

No comments:

Post a Comment