Saturday, July 12, 2014

Short Story Saturday: Starry-Eyed, A Midwinter Night's Dream

Welcome to Short Story Saturday! Each week, I'll talk about a different story from the collection I'm working my way through and offer up some thoughts. I'm currently reading Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlight.

Story: A Midwinter Night's Dream
Author: Jacqueline West
Summary: When her former best friend Mara Crane goes missing, a girl talks about how eventually goes on until a class trip to Chicago brings Mara back to everyone's mind.
Thoughts: I really wanted to get into this one, but something just didn't quite click for me. There was a supernatural element that was unresolved and it felt like much of the information I got as a reader ended up not mattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment