Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Words: Many Thanks


I don't say it nearly as much as I should, but I am very grateful for books and all they have brought me. Maybe I just assumed that it should go without saying, but then again, if we have a voice, we should use it.

I'm grateful for the characters I've encountered, the places I've been, the things I've seen, and no, I'm not actually talking about books. I mean in real life in the book community. I have been so fortunate to meet amazing other bloggers, writers, and authors who are all as enthusiastic and passionate about stories as I am. I've been to many events at bookstores and this year to my first ever conference, and I've seen first hand with my students and in this online community of readers how a book can change a life. They're transformative and it's a kind of magic that I'm embarrassed to say I've gotten used to.

It's certainly worth stopping and appreciating more than just once a year.

So here's to you, the readers, the writers, the authors, the dreamers and the community we have built together. I'm so grateful for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment