Monday, January 7, 2013

Wednesday Words: Vote Early and Often

This week's edition of Wednesday Words is coming to you a few days early and it has nothing to do with the publishing industry at large. This time, I'm using my blog for something a little more personal, but still very much book related.

Last month, Lisa Burstein (author of the YA book Pretty Amy) announced a contest in honor of her upcoming novel Dear Cassie. Since that book will be told all through journal and diary entries, her contest had simple parameters: write the diary entry of a fictional character.

I've been doing more reading of and tinkering with writing short stories lately, so I decided to give it a go. I wrote an entry from the perspective of Amy Pond, companion to the Eleventh Doctor on Doctor Who, and sent it in.

And today, I found out my entry is one of four finalists! That alone is exciting, but here's the really fun part: the winning entry will be published in the back of Dear Cassie - with the author's name and everything. How cool is that?!?!

So I need your help. The link to Lisa's website and where you can vote is below, and it would be the most awesome thing ever if you voted for my story (it's entry #2 and please forgive the fact that it shows up as two jumbo paragraphs - I can assure you my formatting was all nice and pretty in multiple paragraphs and I don't know what's going on with that). So yeah. Please vote. Then hit refresh and vote again. And while you're doing that, tell your friends to vote too.

Thanks!!

Lisa Burstein's Website - VOTE HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment