Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Words: Finally Featured!

It was a totally ordinary Friday until I opened my email. There were the usual coupons and ads and that sort of thing, but then there was something that stood out. Something I never saw coming and while it's probably not a huge deal, I'm still really excited.

The paperback edition of Cinder, the first book in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, comes out next month. Now, I loved this book. Seriously, check out my review of it from earlier this year. I'm not usually huge into science fiction, but this kick-ass sci-fi retelling of a fairy tale in which Cinderella is a cyborg blew me away. And I'm hardly the only blogger and reader who felt this way.

Now something really cool that MacMillian, the publisher, has decided to say thanks to us bloggers in a way that is just as bad-ass as the story itself: with a page printed in the back of the paperback copy naming our blogs. Ahhh! I'm pumped. I'm stoked. I am (insert another incredibly enthusiastic and ecstatic adjective here)! I mean, half of my last name will be between the covers of a New York Times bestselling novel.

Which is why I'm now proudly displaying a new badge over in the sidebar. Thanks to all the people at MacMillian for this incredibly kind gesture, and seriously, if you haven't read Cinder yet, you really should. The series just keeps getting better (I know this because I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Scarlet, the sequel coming out in February, 2013).

Comments welcome, and, as always, happy reading!

1 comment: